You may be wondering, if it is at all possible to save money while shopping for clothes. Yes, it is possible, and the main thing that you will be required to do is give up mostly on the high priced designer clothes.
Many beautiful creations are also available in the thrift stores. In addition, it is also important for you to keep in mind that clothing simply cannot be a thing of luxury. Yes, you may splurge on one or two such items in a few months, but not always. You need to know where to draw the line.
Saving money on clothes shopping
In order to save money on clothes shopping, you will be required to:
- Create a separate budget for clothes shopping – Try to create a separate budget with regards to the expenses which you may be required to make on clothes. Include all kinds of details, starting from the clothes you would be required to buy for yourself, and also for others (if necessary).
- Try out swapping clothes rather than buying – If you have like-minded family members and friends, you can try clothes swapping, rather than always wasting money on buying the same things.
- Sell off some clothes to buy some more – If you find that you have many dresses in your wardrobe which you have not used for months, maybe even a year, then declutter and sell them. Then you can use the money you get back to buy the clothes you need.
- Take advantage of discounts to save money – It is better to buy clothes during discounts. For example, try buying the out of season clothes (i.e. buy winter garments in the summer season). It will cost much less this way.
- Buy only when required and if needed – Make it a point that you are going to buy items only when and if required. There is no point in buying a dress just because a discount or sale is going on. This is not at all a wise decision. Buy only if you need something (then be sure to find out if there are any discounts going on before you shop).
- Check the collection of the thrift stores – Thrift stores too have quite good collections, so check these stores, and if you find any item worth the money, you can buy the same (again only if required).
- Repurpose your old clothes to save money – You can try repurposing your old clothes so as to save money. For example, you can sew together one material with another, to give it a new look. You can use a short coat with an old top to give it the desired new look. You can use scarves and stoles to change the look of the dresses. Or you could simply recreate something with various old clothes to make something new.
These are some of the simple ways in which you may be able to save quite a significant amount of money on clothing.
This guest post is written by Jason Holmes. His deliberate writings include personal budgeting, personal finance management, and the process of coming out of credit card debt. He is a financial writer by profession and has a specialization in dealing with financial problems and its solutions. Follow us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/